Dr. John Oakes is now leading a new church planting in Merced, California. Please join us 11:00 Sundays at 500 Buena Vista Ave., Merced or on zoom at 342-225-5971 pw 857096. Also, join us for midweek classes Wed. 7:30 at UC Merced Rm GLCR 130 or the same zoom. We will be posting notes, PPTs […]
Dr. John Oakes is teaching an Old Testament Survey course for the West Coast School of Ministry this Fall. He will be posting notes, power point and audio here. Old-Testament-Survey-Notes Old-Testament-Survey PPT OT Survey I Audio OT Survey II Audio OT Survey Audio III OT Survey Audio IV You May […]
Dr. John Oakes is excited to announce the publication of his new book, titled True, Right, Better: A Defense of the Christian Worldview. The book analyzes the various worldviews such as naturalism, postmodernism, pantheism, dualism, polytheism, deism, Islamic theism, Christian theism, existentialism, marxism and more through the lens of three questions. Is this worldview true–ie […]
Read, Watch & Listen
Statement: The incest story of Lot and his daughters is borrowed from Zoroastrian traditions of the incest performed by Jam and Jamag, who were brother and sister. Jamag took advantage of the intoxicated state of her brother and had sex with him. What’s your response? Response: My response is that this is so obviously a […]
Question: According to Jews, many of the Torah’s laws are entirely meaningless without further elaboration. Therefore, some type of “Talmud” was taught to Moses at Sinai together with the written Torah. This is what we know as the Oral Law. Thus, the wisdom and debates of the Talmud, in all their diverseness and variety, may […]
Question: In Genesis 18:21 towards the ending of the verse, God says “if not, I will know” when concerning the people of Sodom’s sin. Also, in Genesis 18:21 “I will go down to see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry that has come to me. And if not, I will know.” Does […]
Dr. John Oakes just completed a ten-part sermon series from the Minor Prophets (Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi) for the Merced Christian Church. The ppt, notes and audio are available here: RRRR I-X Notes RRRR I-X PPT Part I RRRR I-X PPT Part II RRRR I Audio RRRR II Audio […]
Dr. John Oakes taught a ten-part class on the Book of Romans Spring, 2023 in Merced. Power point, notes and audio are attached here: Romans Notes Romans PPT Romans Audio I Romans Audio II Romans Audio III Romans Audio IV Romans Audio V Romans Audio VI Biblical Predestination […]
Dr. John Oakes is giving a series of sermons from the Book of Mark in Merced, CA. The notes, PPT and audio are attached. Mark I Notes Mark I PPT Mark Audio I Mark II Notes Kingdom Parables Mark II PPT Mark IIa Audio Mark IIb Audio Mark […]
Subscribe for the latest updates
- The four gospels are unreliable because they were written in Greek, but Jesus spoke in Aramaic. Besides, many early Christians denied the crucifixion. Response?
- Sermons in Merced by Dr. John Oakes Matthew III Kingdom Attitudes
- Old Testament Survey by Dr. John Oakes
- 1 Samuel 15:22 says that God does not take pleasure in whole-burnt-offerings and sacrifices. Therefore, the idea of the crucifixion is bogus, as God would not ask Jesus to do this. Response?
- Prophets such as Isaiah added his own fantasies into God’s word, such as Isaiah 45:14 and 60:12, which clearly were never fulfilled.
- Jesus borrowed from II Esdras 1:30-33, making it inspired Scripture. Your response?
- The assembly of the Jews nearly rejected the books of Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Ezekiel because they contradicted the Law. They were presented as altered. Your response?
- Why do Jews and Christians have no manuscripts from before the exile, and why no copies of the Aramaic gospel from AD 30?
- Why do Christians hypocritically reject the supposedly inspired Talmud of the Jews?
- True, Right, Better: A Defense of the Christian Worldview A New Book by Dr. John Oakes