Dr, John Oakes has a new book, just published by Illumination Publishers. The title is Speaking of God. It is now available at https://www.ipibooks.com/collections/all/products/speaking-of-god The book is a how-to on leading group Bible studies, as well as seventy ready-to-go group Bible study outlines. It is available today. Tell a friend. You May Also Like: “In […]
John Oakes is now preaching regularly for the Bakersfield Church of Christ. We will be posting all of his sermons here. Services are now live streamed Sundays at 1:00 at www.bakersfieldchurchofchrist.com. 9/19 Revelation II Notes Letters to Churches Revelation II PPT Rev II Letters to Churches Audio 9/16 First Principles The Cross Study PPT Cross […]
Dr. John Oakes gave an evangelistic presentation for the LA Church of Christ on Saturday, Sept. 4 jn West Covina, CA. Unfortunately, only the second lesson got recorded? PPTs, notes and audio are here: Who Is Jesus PPT Who was Jesus Notes Will the Real Jesus Please Stand Up PPT Will the Real Jesus […]
Read, Watch & Listen
Question: I wish to bring up some issues regarding neuroscience. I was watching something on television about a man who suffered very serious brain injury. He survived, but his personality and behavior were completely different. Even his friends and loved ones said he was a totally different person. Does this prove that behavior really is […]
Question: Recently an unbeliever raised an objection against the reliability of the biblical accounts, he said that the account of Moses in which he was placed in a basket on the river by his mother had been a copy of the biography of Sargon of Akkad, a Mesopotamian monarch around 2400 BC. The account of […]
Question: How do you view Isaiah 19:18-24? It seems that the prophecy has not been accomplished yet from my understanding of the scripture. I’ve seen some commentaries claiming that Assyria and Egypt unification is more related to Christianity and that the Coptic and Syriac churches united as one in fellowship with our Lord. Could there […]
Dr. John Oakes gave a number of sermons on the Book of Isaiah for the Bakersfield Church of Christ. I am attaching the combined powerpoint and combined notes for the eight sermons, as well as the audio. Isaiah Sermons combined Notes Isaiah Sermons Combined PPT Isaiah Sermon I Audio Isaiah Sermon II […]
Dr. John Oakes is doing a four-part series on the Book of Revelation in Spanish for Iglesia de Cristo de Guadelajara. Power point and autio are being posted here Apocalypsis ESPAÑOL PPT Apocalypsis Guadalajara Audio 1 Apocalypsis Guad II Apocalypsis III Dr. John Oakes is doing a six-part series of classes on […]
Dr. John Oakes is giving a series of classes on the Book of Romans for the Bakersfield Church of Christ campus ministry March – May, 2021. Romans Audio I Romans 9 God’s Sovereignty Romans Audio II Romans Audio III Romans Audio IV Romans PPT Romans Notes Romans V...
- If Jesus could not prevent Ravi Zacharias from sexual misconduct, how can he save Christians from hell?
- John Oakes Sermons in Bakersfield Revelation II Letters to the Churches
- New Testament authors manufactured prophecies about Jesus! For example, Matthew 2:23, John 7:38-39. What is your response?
- How do you respond to the claim that the story of Moses’ being placed in a basket is borrowed from the story of Sargon I, from 2400 BC?
- What is the Book of Ecclesiastes all about? It seems so pessimistic. What is its message?
- It has been proved that behavior is determined by biology. The effects of brain injury proves this. Does this not disprove the reality of the soul/conscience/free will?
- How do you view Isaiah 19:18-24? Has this prophecy been fulfilled? If so, how?
- If the Law/Torah was abolished or nailed to the cross, then why does God put the Torah within our hearts in the New Covenant?
- What are your thoughts on the Passion Translation of the Bible?
- Will the Real Jesus Please Stand Up? Lesson in West Covina