Dr. John Oakes and Robert Carrillo have published a book on the Book of Hebrews, Hebrews: Living By Faith. They are teaching an eight hour class on Hebrews for the Los Angeles International Church of Christ Bible School eight consecutive Saturdays at 9:00 Pacific Time. The class will be on zoom at 843 0420 3186 […]
Dr. John Oakes is teaching a 12-hour class on the history of Christianity for the West Coast School of Ministry Fall, 2022. The classes will be held 9/2-3, 10/14-15 and 11/11-12. All outlines, Power Points and audio will be available here. Church History Notes WCSM Church History PPT WCSM Church History Audio I […]
Dr. John Oakes is now leading a new church planting in Merced, California. Please join us 10:00 Sundays at 1195 Pinnacle Dr, Merced or on zoom at 342-225-5971 pw 857096. We will be posting notes, PPTs and audio for all lessons in Merced. Also, visit our website at www.mercedchurch.com 9/25 In Christ III 9/22 Problem […]
Read, Watch & Listen
Question: I have a few questions about evolution and the Bible. First of all if we evolved then in 100 million years could humans have evolved into a different animal like how apes apparently evolved into humans? Secondly if evolution is true then that means there were land animals before birds but the Bible says […]
[Editor’s note: These are two questions of a similar nature from the same questioner, so are being put together in one article.] Question: Why does it appear that Matthew’s version of the last supper was copied from Mark? They’re so similar and it wouldn’t make sense for Matthew to copy Mark for the last supper […]
Question: I have a few questions about evolution. First of all evolution means death of animals before sin and that is super inconsistent with the Bible and there is no way God would allow death and suffering. And the last thing is if we evolved over time couldn’t we humans evolve into something else? Would […]
Dr. John Oakes is teaching several classes at a discipleship conference in Orlando. We will be posting the audio immediately after the classes are offered. After this, he will be in the Dominican Republic and Haiti and will be posting classes. Here is the schedule: Monday 8/1 9:30 AM King Jesus, Human Philosophies, Traditions and […]
Dr. John Oakes is teaching a 14-hour New Testament Survey class for the Southwest Ministry Training Program. The first class will be Fri/Sat 2/18-19 at the Orange County building of the Los Angeles International Church of Christ. 10 Goodyear, Irvine, CA. I will be posting notes, PPT and audio. NT Survey Syllabus New […]
John Oakes is now preaching regularly for the Bakersfield Church of Christ. We will be posting all of his sermons here. Services are now live streamed Sundays at 1:00 at www.bakersfieldchurchofchrist.com. 1 Thess 2 Paul’s Ministry Notes Combined Acts Sermons I – VI Acts Combined Sermons I – VI Notes Acts Combined Sermons […]
Subscribe for the Latest Updates
- Class on Hebrews by Robert Carrillo and Dr. John Oakes to start 9/24 online
- Class on Church History for the WCSM by Dr. John Oakes
- I read your article on baptism. What happens to believers who are not baptized, such as the person on the cross who repented?
- A Muslim friend claims that Moses and Joshua were violent men, but that Muhammad was a man of peace. What is your response to this?
- The Jews say there were no prophets after Malachi, but Justin Martyr said to Trypho that the Jews had prophets in succession up until John. Who is correct on this?
- Evolution means that there was death before Adam sinned, but the Bible teaches that there was no death before sin. Evolution cannot be true, biblically.
- If we don’t know who wrote the gospels then why should we trust them? Since their anonymous I don’t know if I can.trust them.
- The early church fathers seem to be wrong when they unanimously say Matthew was written before Mark. Therefore, why should we trust them about who wrote these books?
- The Ascension of Isaiah mentions the prophets Aged, Ananias and Josab. Why do they not have canonical status?
- Isaiah 42 does not talk about Jesus, as proved by the quote “and the isles shall wait for his law,” which Jesus did not bring