John Oakes is now preaching regularly for the Bakersfield Church of Christ. We will be posting all of his sermons here. Services are now live streamed Sundays at 10:30 at www.bakersfieldchurchofchrist.com 5/12 Ephesians One In Him II Notes One In Him II PPT One In Him Eph II Audio 5/9 Mothers Day Sermon 2021 […]
Thanks much to Toney Mulhollen at IPI Books and to Amy Morgan, Ana Maria Caro Maita for help with the translation, Dr. John Oakes has his first book published in Spanish translation. Daniel: Profeta Para Las Naciones. It is available at www.ipibooks.com Please consider getting a copy and letting your friends know! You May Also […]
Dr. John Oakes taught a class on the Book of Isaiah for the San Diego Church of Christ and for the Bakersfield Church of Christ on five consecutive Sundays beginning Sun. 3/7 Notes, power point and audio are all available here: Isaiah Notes Isaiah PPT Isaiah I Audio Isaiah II Audio […]
Read, Watch & Listen
Comments: Can you show the continuity of the chain of transmission of So-called Gospels? These were not revealed by God but promote a pagan concept of God/Son or Man-God which was in fashion during times of Jesus. You will know after your death that what have you done to yourself. Good Luck! For your kind information, […]
[Editor’s Note: This is a series of several questions from a Muslim who has criticism of the Bible. Q & As are interspersed] Question: If you read Quran, you will observe that God is addressed as God for All Universe but in case of Bible, God is just a Tribal God addressed as “God of […]
Question: People usually accuse religions, including Christianity, of having a black and white view on sin. They are very direct like “you shall do this and you shall not do this” without considering the nuances. If God wrote his law in our hearts (conscience), then shouldn’t everyone or at least most people understand how homosexuality […]
Dr. John Oakes is giving a six-session class on Romans for the campus group in Bakersfield, CA. You can join on zoom (but better if you are college age) at 856 354 6038 pw 568399 Wed 7:30 3/10. 3/24, 4/7, 4/21, etc. Notes, PPT and audio will be posted here. Romans Notes Romans PPT […]
Dr. John Oakes taught a class on the Book of Hebrews for the Igresia de Cristo en Sao Paulo Brasil on successive Wednesdays in April and May, 2021. I am posting the power point and the audio. Unfortunately, we do not have the notes in Portuguese, so I am posting the notes in English. […]
Dr. John Oakes gave a four-part series of lessons on how we as a church can create a home for the saved and for the lost through implementing the “one another” passages in the New Testament. The lessons were taught in Bakersfield Feb-April, 2021. Notes, power points and audio are included. One Another Notes […]
- If we are saved by faith alone, why do we need to keep holy and doing good works to maintain salvation?
- Why is sin in Christianity so black and white? I understand adultery being sinful, but who is hurt by premarital sex or homosexuality?
- If Revelation is about things that will “soon take place” (Rev 1:1) then how can it refer to the collapse of Rome more than 300 years later? What about current events?
- Was Peter the first pope? If so, does this prove Catholicism?
- If free will is real, then what about a child raised in the family of a terrorist? Are they as responsible as a child raised in a Christian home?
- Muslims deny Jesus died on the cross. Can you help respond to an article making this claim?
- What do you think of the recent debate between WL Craig and Graham Oppy about the usefulness of math to describe natural laws?
- Can you respond to a web article that claims to have debunked the fine tuning argument for a Creator?
- In the Qur’an Allah is a God of the whole universe. The God of the Bible is a tribal deity. The prophets of the Qur’an has prophets of many nations. Bible prophets are only Jews. How does a Christian respond to this?
- The gospels promote a pagan man/God idea which was fashionable at that time. Paul is a liar who transformed God’s prophet Jesus into deity.